Thursday, March 17, 2011

Naturally Green St. Patrick's Day Smoothies

For St. Patrick's Day I decided to whip up some green smoothies that were healthy and didn't rely on yucky food coloring for the green. My kids devoured these, and then begged for more!

Naturally Green St. Patrick's Day Smoothies

Ingredients
  • 1 cup of strawberry or blueberry kefir
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 handful of washed, fresh spinach leaves
  • 3-5 ice cubes
  • Agave nectar or honey to taste
  • 1 cube of frozen wheat grass (optional)
Directions
    Throw all ingredients in a blender and sweeten with the agave nectar or honey until sweet enough for your taste.

    Makes 2 servings.

    Verdict: I had happy kiddos! And, it felt great knowing I squeezed some greens in them. We will be making this again. Maybe even tomorrow!

    By the way, I found the frozen wheat grass cubes in the frozen section at Whole Foods near the juices.

    1 comment:

    1. gretchen... you are our winner for the Edible Details giveaway! send me an email abigail@paperandcake.com :)

      ReplyDelete