It's tiring. My food is always cold, I never get to eat with everyone else, and I'm fed up with enabling their pickiness, So, today begins our new adventure of expanding our palates!
There will be some challenges:
- We are vegetarians. We do eat eggs and dairy products, but no meat. I won't get into why we don't eat meat or lecture anyone about dietary choices. Let's just say that if you are vegetarian or looking for some kid-friendly meatless dishes, welcome!
- We live in a small town. A really small town. These need to be meals with easily found ingredients, organic and/or local when possible.
- My son has soy and dairy allergies, so meals need to be allergy-friendly.
- We are Dave Ramsey fans, and though I adore beans and rice, we'll be branching out a bit but still staying within our budget.
- The greatest challenge by far will be working with (against) kids who are used to having their way.